Epacris Elbow, Grand Canals
Project Category: New Residence
Builder: Dagostino Developments
Completion Date: 2015
Merge Building Design was approached to design a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house, with a large open plan area to take advantage of the nearby river views and Northerly aspect.
Creative siting and orientation pushed the residence as close to the view as possible and took full advantage of the river location.
A combination of steep 35° pitched roof, sections of concealed roof, awning structures and stone clad blades walls create a unique elevation with a mix of soft whites and greys adding to the classic yet modern style.
With the interior design, the client was after an open, light and bright feel with some character so a Hamptons style was the perfect fit. Soaring ceilings with full height sheer curtains frame the view perfectly, and create a soft glow filtering in the natural light. The beautiful Blackbutt timber floors, travertine feature stone cladding to the gas log fireplace and stunning white kitchen are all classic elements which are punctuated by feature pendant lights, white shutters and Hamptons-inspired furniture which really make the house feel like a home.
Scope of Works
- Initial site analysis & feasibility study
- Concept Design & Developed Design
- Documentation and Working Drawings
- Interior Design: Room layouts & cabinetry design
- Full interior design services: Room layouts & wet area design, built-in custom cabinetry design,
- All interior and exterior selections: colour schemes, tiles, fixtures & fittings, cabinetry finishes, lighting and flooring – Furniture & Soft Furnishings Selections
- Obtaining Feature Survey & Structural Engineering
- Local council permit approvals
- 6-Star Energy Assessment