Corners on King
Project Category: Cafe Fitout
Builder: Devlyn Constructions
Completion Date: 2013
Merge was approached to help the existing Mangrove Cafe in Bunbury transform into the new and dynamic Corners on King cafe. The space was totally gutted and the previously bland and lifeless space was transformed into a unique and beautiful venue with plenty of detail and character to appeal to a wide range of clientele. The new look was also flowed outside onto the front Alfresco area & streetscape, with new signage, feature lamp posts, built-in seating and feature planting.
Merge designed and detailed every square inch of the interior space, in order to achieve the best design solution for the client’s brief. Everything from new ceilings, flooring, lighting, wall panelling, custom-designed furniture & exposed brick walls to new paint colours, soft furnishings, window treatments, floor rugs, decorator items and loose furniture were individually created, designed and selected to contribute towards this very unique and beautiful look. Layers of textures and contrasting styles create an abundance of character and warmth which means the space feels both welcoming and special at the same time.
The eclectic mix of styles merges together French industrial, rustic, New York Loft & Hamptons elements to create a style that is uniquely “Corners on King”.
Scope of Works
- Initial space planning
- Site plan showing parking layouts
- Full interior design services: layout design, feature design elements, built-in cabinetry design, lighting design.
- All interior selections: colour scheme, finishes & fixtures, tiles, cabinetry finishes, lighting, furniture and soft furnishings
- Full working drawings & specifications
- Liaising with building surveyor to ensure compliance with regulations
- Obtain council approval – Oversaw the construction stage to ensure compliance with design